donderdag 9 april 2015

Osharecon 2015

On the 14th of March the first edition of Osharecon took place. Osharecon is an event aimed at J-fashion, it offered a variety of fashion shows and panels. On top of that, there were multiple shows, a karaoke corner, J-fashion related vendors and a maid cafe.

As I was part of the lolita fashion show (shiro classic lolita) I arrived a bit early, and followed Renske to the back of the building, only to find out that I was standing in the vendor hall without anyone checking my ticket, oops. After we had found all the girls participating in the show we practiced for a while and entered the con. We were the first in line for the fashion shows, so after some short browsing we met back-stage.
The stage was a bit small, but we made it work and even got a group picture on it.
(picture from A Sure Shot)

After the show I went to check out the stalls and talk to friends. There was a television reporting walking around, followed by both a camera and sound man. I've heard some complaints about their rude behavior, but luckily they were pretty nice when they asked us some questions. I think we must have been interviewed for at least 30 minutes, but we were only visible on tv for a few seconds haha.

I sadly had to leave early due to not feeling too well.
Of course there are always some points of improvement after a first edition. First, there should be something done about the sound from the stage. When someone was preforming it was impossible to have a normal conversation on the other side of the room (it was all in the same room). My second point is also about the stage, it was tiny, you could hardly call it a stage. I'm not sure how hard it is to get a bigger stage, but if it is possible I would really advice getting a bigger stage to give everything more of a show feeling. Third, it would be nice if next time there were some seats. At this edition there weren't enough chairs, and while I was lucky I could borrow a vendor chair from my friend Cat, I wouldn't have been too happy if I couldn't sit while feeling ill. My final point is about the schedule. While there was quite a lot on offer I felt a bit bored half-way through, I don't think I would have been able to enjoy myself till the 'big' concert took place, an option could be to shorten the event or offer more things to do.

Even though it seems I have a lot of less positive points I really enjoyed the event and hope there will be another (improved) edition next year.
(picture from Miyako Studio)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten